We can’t tell what the average Nigerian looks forward to the most – savoring the goodness of fried plantain or living the abroad life. Canada’s International Skilled Worker Hard-to-Fill Skills Pilot is one of the most accessible immigration programs that can help interested Nigerians live that “abroad” life and in this blog post, we will be guiding you through everything you need to know to successfully apply.
Now, let’s go into the full details of what this pilot program has to offer.
- Skilled Occupation: To benefit from this program, you must have a job offer in Saskatchewan in any skilled occupation. This includes positions like healthcare professionals, IT specialists, engineers, and more.
- Language Proficiency: You must be able to prove that you can communicate in English or French, depending on your job offer. This means passing language tests such as IELTS or TEF.
- Education: Your educational history must meet up with the job offer’s requirements.
- Work Experience: You must have a traceable work history in your skilled occupation.
- License or Certification: If your job requires a license or certification, make sure you have the necessary documentation.
Benefits of the Program
- Fast Track to Permanent Residency: If you meet the eligibility criteria and submit your application successfully, you can receive a nomination for permanent residency in Canada.
- Job Security: Moving to a new country with a new job in sight can provide you with a stable source of income and more opportunities for career growth.
- Cultural Diversity: Canada’s inclusive environment embraces people from all walks of life. If you’re looking for a country that offers a warm welcome to newcomers, you should definitely move to Canada.
How to Apply
- Job Search: Start by finding a job in Saskatchewan that matches your skills and qualifications.
- Job Offer: Once you secure a job offer, confirm that it meets the program’s criteria.
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI): Create your EOI profile through the SINP’s online system. This profile is what will be used to confirm your eligibility.
- Invitation to Apply: You should receive an Invitation to Apply for provincial nomination if your EOI profile is accepted.
- Complete Application: Submit your complete application and await results.
- Ensure that the needed documents are accurate and up-to-date to avoid delays.
- Familiarize yourself with Canadian immigration processes and requirements.
- Seek professional advice if you think you could use the extra help to figure out the application process.
So, if you look forward to the day you will finally be able to settle down in Canada and you meet the requirements for this program, this is your chance to make Canada your home. Begin your journey to Canada through the Hard-to-Fill Skills Pilot and seize the opportunities that await you in the land of many opportunities.