Despite older Nigerians thinking that working at home with a laptop means you’re kinda jobless and they are still allowed to send you on weird errands, young people know that remote work is where it is at. Not only do you get to avoid spending long hours in traffic every day going to and coming back from work, but you also don’t need to spend hours thinking of what to wear. In a lot of cases, you get to earn in foreign currencies if you work for a company abroad.
In the ever-expanding landscape of remote work opportunities, Canada stands out as a promising country for Nigerian young professionals seeking a digital nomad lifestyle. For context, a digital nomad is someone who doesn’t like to be confined to a space so they work from any location of their choice.
In this blog post, we will discuss why anyone with a digital nomad dream should consider working from Canada.
- Work Anywhere, Live Anywhere: Imagine being able to swap your rigid office desk for a cozy coffee shop in Vancouver, a cabin, or even your bed. Canada’s flexible approach to remote work allows you to choose your ideal work environment, fostering creativity and productivity. It’s a lifestyle that resonates with the spirit of the adventurous Nigerian youth.
- Digital Nomad-Friendly Policies: Canada has taken progressive steps to facilitate the digital nomad lifestyle. The introduction of policies like the Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) for remote workers has simplified the process for those wanting to extend their stay beyond the typical tourist visa period. This is a game-changer for Nigerian nomads itching to explore the vast landscapes and cityscapes of Canada.
- A blend of Nature and Innovation: One of the most enticing aspects of working remotely in Canada is the perfect marriage of nature and innovation. Whether you’re a sucker for big cities or a nature lover, Canada has it all. You can easily transition in a blink of an eye.
- Networking Opportunities in Tech Hubs: For tech bros and sis, Canada provides vibrant tech hubs that serve as breeding grounds for meaningful collaboration. Cities like Toronto and Montreal are home to dynamic startup scenes, offering endless networking opportunities for young professionals looking to connect, learn, and grow.
- Diverse and Inclusive Society: Due to its multicultural nature, Canada doesn’t only provide a job but a community as well. This allows you to blend well with natives and share cultural experiences.
With these perks, it’s likely that you will want to explore Canada as your next location for your remote work. Here are some practical and helpful tips to make the process easy for you
- Visa Matters: Check the latest updates on visa requirements for remote workers. The Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) is your key to an extended stay.
- Co-Living and Co-Working Spaces: There are spaces designed for digital nomads that offer not just a desk but a community of like minds. If this sounds interesting to you, watch some YouTube vlogs from other digital nomads who are working or have worked from Canada.
- Explore the Seasons: Each season in Canada bears different experiences from skiing in the winter or hiking in the summer. Pick the experiences you want and make the most out of them during their season.
- Connect Locally: Attend local events, meetups, and networking sessions to connect with Canadians and fellow nomads. It’s the best way to form personal and work relationships.
The state of the digital nomad lifestyle in Canada provides remote workers with an experience that seamlessly combines professional growth and a thrill of exploration. So if you’re a digital nomad, you might want to pack your bags and hop on the next plane to Canada where every day is a new chapter.