British Wellcome Scholarship 2023-2024 — British Wellcome Fellowship, And Scholarships Grants [£120,000 Funding With Free Degree In UK]
Studying in the United Kingdom has a nice ring to it regardless of how you go to study there. Just so you know, the British Wellcome Scholarship, and fellowship grants for the academic session 2023-2024 are now open to all students who wish to study for free in the United Kingdom for various degrees.
United Kingdom Study Visa And Work Permit Issuance
Probably you are successful in getting a UK Wellcome grant, and also enter the United Kingdom to pursue higher education, then you can as well start working there part-time if need be. However, there would be a limitation on the amount of hours you get to work per week on your British study visa.
Moreover, if the British Wellcome is going to pay your stipend from the grant, then you can use your fellowship cost to help you take the post at your host organization. Furthermore, you can also use this fellowship cost for:
- Important/necessary associated costs e.g. travels to attend meetings at a visa application center or embassy.
- Immigration health surcharge cost
Lists Of British Wellcome Grants Available In 2023
For those who have interest in applying for an academic grant in UK in 2023, then you can please try out any of the following British academic funding opportunities:
- Wellcome Discovery Awards.
- Wellcome Career Development Awards.
- Wellcome Mental Health Awards.
- Wellcome Early-Career Awards.
Sponsorship Coverage Of The British Wellcome Scholarships 2023-2024 In UK
Keep in mind that the British Wellcome Scholarships duration is for 30 months except you wish to hold it on a part-time basis. Well, the first 12 months should be dedicated to doing a taught Master of Science (M.Sc.) course at a renowned center of excellence anywhere in the world. However, the next 18 months are for your research project at an eligible organization in a low or middle income country.
Other Scholarships in The United Kingdom »» Lists Of Scholarships In United Kingdom 2023-2024 For International Students
The British Wellcome Scholarships Award of £120,000 Provides Support For:
If your selected course or training is in the UK, students can use £16,000 a year (in London), otherwise (outside London), £18,000 a year to cover the cost of your allowance. However, if your training or course is outside the United Kingdom (UK), you could check the living cost from your prospective training organization.
- Approved tuition fee in line to the rate charged by the training organization
- When you move to take up the post of your host organization, you can use up to £1000 for this costs
- Travel costs i.e. return airfares, and outward airfares.
Salary Coverage During Master Degree
Note that candidates can only receive one salary. However, if you already have a salary, your organization may use it to pay the person who takes your previous post. Also, your host organization will fund the total costs of your stipend for the full 30 months of your grant. In addition, you can ask your host organization to total your salary which would reflect the skill, responsibilities, and also the expertise you need to carry out your role in your host organization. These include:
- Locally recognized allowance. For example, the London allowance
- Employers contribution including statutory commitments (for example, national insurance contribution if you reside in UK)
- Pension scheme cost
- Your basic salary
As for year 1, add any known pay awards for that period, or an assumed percentage equivalent to the UK current inflation rate of 2.0% if it hasn’t been confirmed. Moreover, your salary should automatically increase in year 2 onward based on the United Kingdom current inflation allowance rate.
Eligibility Criteria To Apply For The British Wellcome Scholarships 2023-2024
To apply for this scholarship, you must first be eligible, and to be eligible for the British Wellcome Scholarship, and fellowship 2023-2024, then you must:
- Be a national of a low or middle income country
- Be law-abiding citizen of your country
- Be fluent in English language
- Make a returning vow to your home country after completing your education in the UK
- Have high academic credentials
- Have sponsors from an eligible host organization in a low or middle income country apart from mainland China
- You can also apply if your proposed research focuses on health research in these countries.
Furthermore, you must:
- Be at an early stage in your career with limited experience (but must have shown aptitude, or interest for research)
- Hold a clinical, or non-clinical undergraduate degree in a relevant subject
How to Write a Research Proposal for The British Wellcome Scholarships Grant in UK?
Keep in mind that all applicants research proposal should be within our science remit, and should focus on the health priority in any low or middle income country. Note that when the Wellcome considers your scholarship, they will look at:
- First, the importance, and quality of your research question(s)
- Suitability of the taught Master of Science M.Sc. course you chose. Remember that this should take place at a well known center of excellence, and should provide you with trainings that will compliment your research project.
- Feasibility of you approach to giving solutions to issues
- Suitability of your preference of research environment
How To Apply For The British Wellcome Scholarships 2023-2024 of The UK?
Do check whether your application is competitive as that is very important. Also, read the advice in the eligibility section above before you apply for this scholarship grant.
The Wellcome encourage you to discuss your application with your research supervisor, and sponsor. Also, they will give you further advice on the importance, and the intellectual quality of your project. Furthermore, they will also assist you to make a decision on the right time to apply for this grant.
In addition to these, they should be able to advise you on:
- How to structure your application including the Burger
- Also, what information is needed to support your proposal on how much time your host organization will need to approve your application after you submit it?
Further Information on The British Wellcome Fellowship, And Scholarships Grants [£120,000 Funding With Free Degree In UK]
Deadline: May 1st 2023
Open date: December 6th 2022
Country: United Kingdom
Financial coverage: £120,000
Eligible Countries/Regions: International, and students in the United Kingdom.
For more information on this scholarship do well to visit it website. Alternatively, you can check out some interesting scholarships in the United Kingdom. Take a look at ‘Bristol Think Big Scholarship 2023-2024 For International Students‘.
Follow our blog by subscribing to our notifications to get more scholarship opportunities. To subscribe, tap the bell button, then subscribe